How to export and backup saved passwords in Google Chrome
If you want to export your saved passwords from Google to make a backup or import them into another program, you can export them as a comma-separated value (CSV) file.
To export Google Chrome passwords, please follow these steps:
- Open Chrome and enter the chrome://settings/passwords URL into the address bar and press enter.
- You will now be at the Google Chrome Password Manager.
Above the 'Saved Passwords' section, click on the hamburger menu () button and select 'Export passwords...', as shown in the image below.
Export Chrome passwords
- You will now be shown a confirmation asking if you are sure you wish to export your passwords. Click on the Export passwords... button to proceed.
- On core desktop, you will be shown a final authentication message asking you to enter your core desktop password
Enter Windows password
- Once you authenticate in Windows, you will be shown a Save as dialog box. Select the folder you would like to save the 'Chrome Passwords.csv' file.
Save dialog box
- Your passwords will now be saved in the 'Chrome Passwords.csv' CSV file.
Note: below step , need to be done once you are migrated to new server.
How to import saved passwords in Google Chrome
Option 1: Chrome, type chrome://flags/ then enabled password input from there.
Can search for password input and change the option from default to enabled as below
Click on the hamburger menu () button and settings and go to passwords.
Now you see import option in the 3 dot menu in your password section of your chrome as below
Click on import and browse to location where chrome password CSV has been saved.
Click on CSV file and press OK, Passwords should be imported.